Friday, May 6, 2011

Where does the time go?

Finally typing my first post after a few weeks of  "shaving the yak".  What is that you ask?  Well.....it is when you have a project to do but it there are other things you must do first to get to it.  The story goes something like this - you want to make your guests more comfortable at your upcoming party, so you decide your couch needs re-covering, but first you need to get the right fabric, then you need to research techniques, then you realize more stuffing is needed, then you find out the stuffing is yak hair and finally you end up shaving the yak!

This project has gone much the same way with needing to learn new software, upload pictures, edit through disorganized photos....which of course means time of organize them.  Then there are the decisions:  website update first or blog, should the content be just sewing or my other interests, can I keep up posting regularly, and finally will anyone care?  ( I visualize the despair.com t-shirt...."More people have read this than your blog.")

Finally, it involved walking through my issues of perfection and failure.  Can I let this be a process with updates and changes as I learn versus the "I cannot post until EVERYTHING is perfect and working"?

So I have decided to stretch a bit and go humbly forward.  I will let this blog be a process that blends all I am creating with the places and events that inspire me....hopefully it inspire you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment