Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Maker's Faire 2011 recap

Wow, I had a great time at Maker's Fair - Incredible crowd so I hope they make wider aisles next time....also need better sound systems so presenters can be heard, but those are minor issues compared to the amazing, inspiring, strange, creative, mind-blowing and just plain fun stuff!

I love seeing fabric printing and wool carding next to NASA and robots.  The fire art always moves me and the neon floor shark makes me laugh.  Low to high tech this place has it all!

I did I mention the costumes.  There was cyberpunk, steam-punk and transformers.  I went steam-punkish.....I need to finish the costume I have in mind for next year (yes, I know I thought that last year but I really mean it this time!).  There also seems to be a underground competition for the wittiest geek T-shirt.  It was a challenge to read shirts in the crowd while watching the demos.  I bought a DIY or Die shirt to at least fit in.

Next year my goal is be a presenter or have a booth!  I plan to work with MAKE magazine offshoot Craftzine, get either C&T publishing or Eddie's Quilting Bee to come or .....do my own booth.  Any thoughts?

Here are my photos - tomorrow I will post a project I did there  - so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment